Tuesday 21 January 2014

About Me

Dr. Masood Jawaid
MCPS, MRCS, FCPS, MHPE student


I am working as Assistant Professor Surgery and Incharge e-Learning at Dow University of Health Sciences (DUHS) - Pakistan. My general surgical interests include laparoscopy and gastrointestinal tumor surgery. I am currently doing Masters in Health Professional Education and also working as Assistant Editor of Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences. I am CEO of ‘The Medical Writers’, a medical writing and training organization for clinicians and pharmaceutical industry and facilitates workshops for medical editors about Peer Review. I am an administrator of commercial online journal management system ‘e Journal System’.

My main areas of interest are laparoscopy, clinical and educational research,eLearning and Cognitive Load Theory (CLT). I am Course Director of one month’s distant learning ‘Online Research Course’. I had started 6 weeks eLearning Research Module for undergraduate student of DUHS and is now running successfully blended curriculum in Surgical Clinical education. Involved in implemented ‘Learning Management System’ in Dow and organizing series of e-Learning faculty development workshops. Currently I am working to develop numerous online courses about Advance Medical Writing, Biostatistics and Medical Editing Certificate Course.

1 comment:

  1. salam sir masood
    I think its ur excellent thinking to share ur knowledge with others. as narrated by hamare piyare nabi hazrat mohammad mustufa sallallah o alihe wasallam that ilm jannat ka rasta he. so ur way is the way to heaven. I think ur MPHE degree is wonderful itz subjects are interesting and attractive. I also develop interest in ur course. believe me medical is a divine profession and ALLAH is nearest to the patient near to me near to U. Allah knows us very well what is in our heart or soul. I think U choose a perfect path. doing surgery itz a great think I am not a surgeon . everybody cant b a surgeon. Link to JPMS as an editor makes u express ur self to vast level. moodle once again i must say is greatest oppurtuity u ever have to learn and to teach specially me. ur e-journal idea is markable. What should I say aLLAH guide u in the true path
    HiNA Masood

    ReplyDelete